FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 26, 2023
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA – The City provides a wide variety of Boards and Commissions that encourage members to participate in discussions that affect and shape the future of our City. We believe it is not only the right, but the responsibility of interested and capable citizens to become engaged in local government policy by advising City Council on important community-related issues. Serving on a Board or Commission is an excellent way to make a personal contribution to Charlottesville’s growth and can be a rewarding experience for everyone!
The City of Charlottesville has openings on the following boards & commissions:
- Charlottesville Affordable Housing Fund Committee
- Charlottesville Albemarle Convention & Visitors Executive Board
- Charlottesville Redevelopment and Housing Authority Board
- Community Development Block Grant Task Force
- Community Policy and Management Team
- Historic Resources Committee
- Housing Advisory Committee
- Jefferson Area Community Criminal Justice Board
- Local Building Code Board of Appeals
- Minority Business Commission
- Monticello Area Community Action Agency Board
- Piedmont Family YMCA Board of Directors
- Planning Commission
- Region Ten Community Services Board
- Retirement Commission
- Sister Cities Commission
- Social Services Advisory Board
- Towing Advisory Board
- Vendor Appeals Board
- Youth Council
CLICK HERE to download an application. Applications may be mailed to: Clerk of Council Office, P.O. Box 911, Charlottesville, VA 22902. To submit your application in-person, contact the Clerk’s office at (434) 970-3113.
Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on June 9, 2023, unless otherwise noted in the description of the position.
City Council will make the next round of appointments of board and commission members at the June 20 City Council meeting.
Deputy Clerk of Council
City of Charlottesville