Leaf Collection "How to’s"
For the 2019-2020 Leaf Season, the City will offer residents curbside collection for loose leaves only. There will also be a drop-off option available for residents who wish to collect their leaves otherwise.
Only leaves will be collected - no brush, sticks, yard waste, or other items will be accepted. The collected leaves are taken to a local farm for organics recycling where they are turned into compost that is used by area residents, farms, and landscaping companies.
Loose Leaf Curbside Collection
Residents may rake their leaves to the curb for the City to collect up to three times per season. Loose leaves will be vacuumed into a truck for collection and transport. Multiple crews will be working around the City, zone by zone, on a rolling basis according to the zone schedule.
- Rake leaves to the curb as close to the first day of collection for your zone (and no more than 3 days earlier).
- Have leaves ready and at the curb before 7 am on the first service day for your zone.
- Loose leaves should be placed at the street edge where possible.
- Do not park any vehicles on top of leaves. This can prevent the leaves from being accessed for collection and poses a fire hazard.
When placing your leaves for pick-up:
- Do not block storm drains or fire hydrants.
- Do no block vehicular, bicycle or pedestrian travel ways.
- Do not block curb ramps or crosswalks.
- Be mindful of your neighbors and the traveling public.
Leaf Collection Schedule
Each area of the City will receive curbside loose leaf collection three times during the 2019-20 Leaf Season. A few streets will be collected on a weekly basis due to a higher volume of vehicular and pedestrian traffic and space constraints.