The Charlottesville Office of Economic Development’s Existing Business Visitation Program is designed to provide you with a single point of contact to help you find solutions for today’s business issues. This program allows you to:
- Share Your Story - Schedule an interview with one of our staff members. The meeting will include a comprehensive conversation about the past, present, and future.
- Connect with the Resources - Based on the unique needs of your business, we'll work to quickly connect you to the right resources and information in the network.
- Help Build a Better Business Community - Your feedback will provide a better understanding of the business environment and help us remove barriers to business growth.
Solutions to Business Growth Barriers
- Confidential meetings to understand challenges faced by your business
- Staff serve as liaison with City offices, agencies and officials
- Business and regulatory assistance
- Specialized assistance with business challenges
Assisting with Business Expansion
- Site/Building selection assistance
- Database of available properties for sale or lease
- Permitting/site plan guidance and application support
- Information on local, state and federal incentives
Valuable Resource Connections
- Labor market information and analysis
- Workforce development resources
- Minority business resources and programs
- Taxes and utility costs
- Grants and loan programs
Key Areas of Assistance
- Site Selection
- Workforce Development
- Business Expansion
For more information, email the Office of Economic Development or call the office at 434-970-3717.