Hire an Off-Duty Police Officer
In order to efficiently respond to requests and manage the employment of off-duty police officers, the Charlottesville, VA Police Department has partnered with Off Duty Management to provide services related to hiring off-duty officers effective May 27th, 2022.
Request hiring off-duty police officers
- Go to the OfficerTRAK® Website or
- Call (434) 212-0750
What does Off Duty Management provide to the customer?
- Online access to information through the OfficerTRAK® software including:
- Officer attendance
- Field notes and media files
- Post orders and instructions
- Past and future shift information
- Full liability coverage for the customer, the agency, and the officer
- 24/7 customer service through their toll-free number
- Dedicated point of contact for scheduling, invoicing, and payroll.
3 Hours Minimum per Request
|Title||Total Hourly Rate|
* HOLIDAY RATE: The holiday rate will apply to the following days: New Year's Day, MLK Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve.
** EMERGENCY RATE: If a request is received less than72 hours prior to assignment emergency pay rate will go in effect.
Once an assignment has been approved and scheduled; vendors canceling or reducing assignments are required to pay the full ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment. Vendors canceling or reducing assignments within 48 hours of the start of the assignment are required to pay the greater of officer hours worked or the agency minimum hours plus ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment.