Market Street Park
- Public Transportation
Market Street Park, located in Downtown Charlottesville contains all of the land bounded by Jefferson Street, First Street N.E., Market Street and Second Street N.E. The land was donated to the City by Paul Goodloe McIntire in memory of his parents in 1917 to be used as a public park. The 1.04 acres of raised land provides a pleasant lunchtime oasis in the downtown area, with many benches, a number of tables, and colorful flowers and shrubbery.