OED Announces Marketing Leverage Grant
The Office of Economic Development is pleased to offer another round of support for City-based businesses recovering from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. As part of OED’s Recovery Roadmap initiative, businesses will have the opportunity to leverage OED funding to increase marketing presence and awareness. Businesses may choose from one of the listed options below. The application period will open on Wednesday, September 15th at 9:00am. If you have specific questions about your business’s application, please contact OED staff: Jason Ness, firstname.lastname@example.org, 434.953.0208.
Option 1: Building Your Brand – Business owners who are interested in building a marketing program would receive one-on-one assistance to include: logo design, website support, creating a marketing calendar and other foundational parts of building or expanding a successful marketing strategy.
Option 2: Digital Advertising Package – Businesses interested in three-month, targeted digital advertising campaign would work one-on-one with a digital marketing expert to create and execute a campaign to help increase brand awareness. Options include social media advertising, video pre-roll or display advertising. A three-month minimum commitment is required with a business match of at least $500 per month.
Option 3: Marketing Leverage Match – Businesses with a current marketing campaign would receive matching funds, on a reimbursement basis. Current marketing campaigns that utilize local, regional, and state advertising mediums would be given preference. Match would be up to $3,000 on a 50% match basis.
Additionally, all businesses must meet the following basic criteria:
• Current City business license and up-to-date on taxes (real estate, business tangible property tax, BPOL)
• Current physical location in the City of Charlottesville (PO Boxes are not acceptable)
• If a franchise business, must be locally owned
• Must be for-profit business or a non-profit organization that is focused on hospitality, tourism, or supporting economic development/business causes
• Minimum of at least 6 months in business within the City of Charlottesville prior to March 1, 2021
• Must be able to demonstrate a business revenue loss attributable to COVID-19 (through documents such as profit and loss statements, balance sheets, business bank account statements, and/or other financial documents)
• Must open for business as of October 1st, 2021
• Business/Organization must be able to produce required documentation for number of employees, financial loss, and other eligibility requirements
• Must become a registered vendor with the City of Charlottesville
• Must agree to a follow-up with OED staff in six months
Applications will be evaluated by information provided within this application. Applicants are strongly encouraged to include as much detail as needed to articulate clear answers to help staff process the applications.