FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 7, 2021
Notice of Public Hearing related to the Comprehensive Plan update
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA - The Charlottesville Planning Commission and City Council will hold a Public Hearing on Tuesday, October 12 at 6 p.m. related to the Comprehensive plan update.
- The City has been working in partnership with a consultant team on an effort to update Charlottesville’s Comprehensive Plan (including an Affordable Housing Plan, which was completed and endorsed by the Council in March 2021).
- This project, called Cville Plans Together, is an opportunity for the community to actively participate in updating the future vision for the city, with a focus on equity and affordability.
- Currently, the project is in the stage of finalizing updates to the Comprehensive Plan. Following the Comprehensive Plan update, the next step will be to complete a zoning ordinance rewrite.
- You can find out more about the process at https://cvilleplanstogether.com/.
You can view a list of responses to Frequently Asked Questions about the proposed Comprehensive Plan updates here.
October 12, 6pm - Planning Commission and City Council Joint Public Hearings
- Register here to attend.
- Charlottesville Planning Commission and City Council will hold a Joint Public Hearing on Tuesday October 12, 2021, beginning at 6:00 pm.
- Materials are available for viewing online or can be obtained, upon request, from the Department of Neighborhood Development Services, 2nd Floor of City Hall, 610 East Main Street.
Other Upcoming and Scheduled Events
October 11, 12-2pm - City Council and Planning Commission - Comprehensive Plan Discussion
In advance of the joint hearing, members of Planning Commission and City Council will gather for a discussion about the Comprehensive Plan. All are welcome to view this session, which will also be recorded and shared. Register here to attend (for viewing only; no public comment period).
Other Scheduled Meetings
- City Council Hearing (planned) - November 15
- City Council Second Reading (planned) - December 6
Questions related to this news release may be directed to James Freas (firstname.lastname@example.org). For media requests, please contact Brian Wheeler (email@example.com).
Director of Communications
City of Charlottesville