Want to get involved in your city? Apply to be on a board or commission!
The City provides a wide variety of Boards and Commissions that encourage members to participate in discussions that affect and shape the future of our City. We believe it is not only the right, but the responsibility of interested and capable citizens to become engaged in local government policy by advising City Council on important community-related issues. Serving on a Board or Commission is an excellent way to make a personal contribution to Charlottesville’s growth and can be a rewarding experience for everyone!
Review current openings on our website and apply online.
The City has immediate openings on the following Boards & Commissions:
- Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail Authority
- Charlottesville Redevelopment and Housing Authority Board
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport Commission
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Convention & Visitors Bureau Executive Board
- Citizen's Transportation Advisory Committee
- Community Policy and Management Team
- Historic Resources Committee
- Housing Advisory Committee
- Jefferson-Madison Regional Library Board
- Minority Business Commission
- Monticello Area Community Action Agency Board
- Piedmont Family YMCA Board of Directors
- Piedmont Virginia Community College Board
- Planning Commission
- Police Civilian Review Board
- Region Ten Community Services Board
- Retirement Commission
- Sister Cities Commission
- Social Services Advisory Board
- Towing Advisory Board
- Tree Commission
- Vendor Appeals Board
- Youth Council
The DEADLINE to apply for these openings is June 11, 2021.
Visit the Boards and Commissions pages on our website to learn about other opportunities to participate.