FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 12, 2020
The grant funds will help small businesses that have endured significant business interruption due to the required closures caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA - The City of Charlottesville Office of Economic Development (OED) is pleased to announce additional funding to help support City businesses.
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in March 2020, the OED has administered over $2,000,000 in grants, loans and other supports to City businesses.
The majority of these additional funds will support a second round of the Small Business Relief Grant for businesses and organizations impacted by the COVID-19 (Coronavirus).The grant funds will help small businesses that have endured significant business interruption due to the required closures caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Priority is given to those businesses that are considered retail, restaurant, hospitality, tourism, and service related. A limited amount of grants will be awarded to non-profit organizations, whose primary focus is connected to hospitality, tourism, or supporting economic development/business causes. The Small Business Relief Grant program includes the following:
Small Business Relief Grant 2.0
- Grants of $5,000 for businesses with less than 10 full-time employees
- Grants of $10,000 for businesses with more than 10 but fewer than 50 full-time employees
- Funds may be used for operating expenses or adaptive resiliency efforts
- Online application process – Monday, October 19th at 9:00am – Friday, October 23rd at 3:00pm
- Grant funds issued seven to ten business days from notification
- A “How to Apply for the SBRG Webinar” will be held on Wednesday October 14th at 1:00pm – to receive the meeting link, please pre-register at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/sbrg2webinar
- Online applications will open on Monday, October 19th (www.charlottesville.gov/econdev)
All City-based, small businesses are eligible to apply for grant funds. Previous applicants will automatically be considered for funding. Previous recipients of the first round of Small Business Relief Grant funds are ineligible.
The Small Business Relief Grant is funded with the City’s Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act funding. The Office of Economic Development, in conjunction with the Charlottesville Economic Development Authority (CEDA), will administer the grant.
Interested businesses should check the Office of Economic Development’s website to stay informed on the grant and other assistance programs – www.charlottesville.gov/econdev. Businesses can also contact the OED to be added to the email distribution list, which will be notified when program application becomes available. As always, businesses are also welcome to contact our office with any business needs. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 434-970-3110.
Office of Economic Development
City of Charlottesville