Updates related to City Facilities and Operations
As of May 21, 2020
The City is committed to servicing our residents and customers during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. While City Hall is closed and only essential employees are at the office, our key staff remain available, many from their home offices via telephone and email, to ensure business continues to the greatest degree possible.
This staffing plan will be be reevaluated on or before Sunday, June 21, 2020. Notice will be made to the public if this schedule should change.
While the Governor’s Stay-at-Home order remains in effect, the City will continue to follow the social distancing recommendations of the Virginia Department of Health so that we can protect our staff and our clients.
The public is encouraged to use all available online and telephonic options for conducting business at City Hall. This includes using our payment drop boxes on both sides of City Hall and the drive through drop box located between the City Hall Annex and the Key Recreation Center.
Please review the information below for the status of specific City departments and services.
The resources on the right side of this page include COVID-19 resource links for your health, for how to volunteer and contribute, and for seeking financial assistance.
- Business - How are businesses being supported during Coronavirus?
- Courts - How are the Courts impacted by Coronavirus?
- Engineering permits - How is the permit process for street, sidewalk and parking closures being addressed during the Cornavirus?
- Fire - How have Fire Department operations changed during Coronavirus?
- Neighborhood Development - How is NDS doing business during Coronavirus?
- Parks & Rec - What Parks facilities are open during Coronavirus?
- Police - How have Police Department operations changed during Coronavirus?
- Rent / Tax relief / CHAP - How is Commissioner of Revenue impacted by Coronavirus?
- Social Services - How do I contact DSS staff during Coronavirus?
- Taxes & Fees - How is the City supporting taxpayers impacted by Coronavirus?
- Transit - How is CAT public transit impacted by Coronavirus?
- Trash & Recycling - How has the trash & recycling programs changed during Coronavirus?
- Treasurer - Can I utilize DMV Select and Passport Services during Coronavirus?
- Utilities - How are City Utilities staff conducting business during Coronavirus?
- Voter Registration - How are elections and voter registration impacted by Coronavirus?