Term: January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2023
Mayor: January 2022 - December 2023
Email Lloyd Snook
Political Goals/Priority Issues
Broadly, for the City to plan for its future with the mentality of a city, not of a town - to adapt to the land use issues, economic pressures and inequities that come with increased population density. More specifically, we need to work on affordable housing, public transit, educational equity and climate change.
Lloyd is married to Sheila C. Haughey and they have three grown children - Christopher, Michael and Elizabeth, who were all born and raised in Charlottesville and schooled in the Charlottesville schools.
Lloyd graduated from Lane High School in Charlottesville in 1970. He received an A.B. in Economics from Stanford University in 1974, and a J.D. cum laude from the University of Michigan School of Law in 1979.
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- St. Paul’s Memorial Church
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Historic Resources Committee
- Legislative Committee
- Darden Towe Memorial Park Committee
- Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO)
- Regional Housing Partnership
- Regional Transit Partnership (RTP)
- Rivanna River Basin Commission
- Virginia First Cities