CDBG & HOME Funding Proposal
Request for Proposals (RFP) Notice for 2023-2024 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnership (HOME) Funding
The City of Charlottesville accepted shovel-ready proposals for the CDBG and HOME funding beginning October 4, 2022 and ending October 31, 2022 at 4 pm. Projects will support a viable urban community through the provision of decent housing, a suitable living environment, and economic opportunity for low and moderate income citizens. The RFP and related documents can be found on this page. Online submission is required. Applicants with outstanding CDBG or HOME regular entitlement funding, and/or concerns with past grant performances will be ineligible for the 2023 CDBG and HOME funds.
All FY2023 CDBG funds must be spent between the time period from July 1, 2023 and June 30, 2024. The City is accepting proposals from the following:
- Housing applicants must have shovel-ready proposals: completed Environmental reviews, reviewed and approved plans/designs by the City of Charlottesville (if applicable), approved permits, right of way cleared, procured contractor, and identified eligible recipients of project services (if applicable)
- Public Infrastructure applicants must have shovel-ready proposals: completed Environmental Reviews, completed and approved plans/designs by the City of Charlottesville, approved permits, cleared right of way and procured contractor.
- Economic Development, Public Service, and Housing applicants must meet City Council CDBG Priorities and CDBG/HOME Consolidated Plan Requirements.
At this time, The City of Charlottesville will be accepting proposals for the 2023 HOME Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) Funds, funding beginning October 4, 2022 and ending at 4:00 p.m. on October 31, 2022. To qualify as a CHDO, the organization must act as the owner, developer, or sponsor of a project that is the eligible set-aside activity. Projects include: the acquisition and/or rehabilitation of rental housing; new construction of rental housing; acquisition and/or rehabilitation of homebuyer properties; new construction of homebuyer properties; and direct financial assistance to purchasers of HOME-assisted housing that has been developed with HOME funds by the CHDO. All FY2023 HOME CHDO funds must be spent between the time period of July 1, 2023 and June 30, 2025. Application must show funding timeline, scope of work, right of way acquisition, approved plans/designs, and plan work, and identified eligible recipients of project services.
Mandatory Technical Assistance Session
The City will require all applicants to schedule and attend a 30-minute mandatory technical assistance session with the Grants Coordinator (only if you have not already attended a session). The meeting must be held prior to proposal submission. Violation of this rule will result in your application being disregarded.
To schedule a technical assistance session or for questions concerning the RFP, contact the City’s Grants Coordinator.
CDBG Request for Proposal Guidelines
- Request for Proposal Guidelines (PDF)
- Additional CDBG-CV3 project eligible activities are available through the HUD Quick Guide to CDBG Eligible Activities to Support Coronavirus and other Infectious Disease Response (PDF).
- Additional CDBG Program information
- Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) Checklist (PDF)