DMV Select locations are not permitted to issue or process:
- Driver’s Licenses (original, renewals, or replacements)
- Learner’s Permits
- Identification Cards
- DMV payment plans
- Vehicle Sun Shading
- Vital Records
- Written or road test
- Online or franchise dealership work
- Processing mechanic/storage lien title
- Reinstatement fees or any other DMV Compliance payments.
Customers must visit a full service DMV branch for these transactions. For more information, please visit the DMV website or call DMV’s Customer Service Center at 804-497-7100.
DMV Select locations are permitted to issue or process:
- Original, replacement, and substitute titles
- Title maintenance to change information on title records (i.e. adding/removing names)
- Original, renewal, and reissued or transferred registrations
- Personalized plate orders as well as specialized plate types including local government use, motorcycle, permanent trailer, taxicab, truck, and antique
- Trip permits
- Overload permits
- Handicapped Placards
- Driver Transcripts
- Vehicle Transcripts
- Compliance Summaries
- Returned check fee payments
- Transportation Network Company (TNC) registration renewal or reissue
The City of Charlottesville DMV Select office is located at the Treasurer’s Office, 605 East Main St, Charlottesville, VA 22902 First Floor Lobby of City Hall. Transactions will be conducted between the hours of 9 am to 4 pm, Monday through Thursday (except holidays), BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. We do not have same day or walk-in appointments.
If you do not have access to the internet please contact the Treasurer’s Office at 434-970-3146 for assistance with scheduling.
Validated parking is available at the Market St Parking Garage at 550 Market St E, Charlottesville, VA 22902.
You are encouraged to research and bring the required documents to complete your transactions. To determine what documents are needed, use the interactive document guide at the DMV Now website