Social Services Advisory Board
4th Monday of every month at 12:00 p.m.
City Hall - Basement Conference Room
Membership of the board shall consist of nine members appointed by city council, one of whom shall be a member of city council. The director of social services shall be an ex-officio member, without vote, of the advisory board. It shall be the policy of the Board to seek to ensure that at all times at least one member is a current or former consumer of the department’s services.
4 year term (2 term limit)
The powers and duties of the advisory board shall be as follows:
- To interest itself in all matters pertaining to the social welfare of the people of the city
- To monitor the formulation and implementation of social welfare programs in the city
- To meet with the director of social services at least four times a year for the purpose of making recommendations on policy matters concerning the department of social services
- To make an annual report to city council, concurrent with the presentation of the annual budget, concerning the information of public welfare programs
- To submit to city council from time to time other reports that the advisory board deems appropriate
- To perform such other functions as may be from time to time prescribed for such boards by Code of Virginia, section 63.2-305
Unless otherwise noted, monthly meeting agendas include:
- Call to Order
- Public Comment
- Approval of the Previous Meeting Minutes
- Members’ Report
- Chair’s Report
- Director’s Report
- Public Comment
The City of Charlottesville Code, Chapter 25, Section 25.1 and The Code of Virginia, Section 63.2-305 provide the legal basis for the Department of Social Services Advisory Board activities.
|Sena Magill, Council Rep. (Vice Mayor)|