Reserve a Seat for City Council Meeting
City Council will now accept up to 23 members of the public for in-person seating in Council Chamber during each regular City Council business meeting . The 4:00 p.m. Council Work Session will be in-person and limited to City Council members only, with virtual access available for the public. The 6:30 p.m. Council Meeting will be in-person in Council Chamber with up to 23 pre-registered members of the public and two media representatives along with the three staff members in the gallery (usually the City Manager, Clerk of Council, and City Attorney).
You may request a seat starting at 9:00 a.m. the day after the previous Council meeting through 9:00 a.m. the day of the Council meeting that you would like to attend. Seats are selected randomly if more than 23 registrations are received.
REQUEST A SEAT FOR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
To request a seat reservation at the next regularly scheduled City Council meeting:
Process for Determining Attendee List
Registrations are documented in order of receipt. Should more than 23 people register, each request will be assigned a number. All numbers are submitted to an online random number sequencer that generates random numbers in the range of total sign-ups. (Example: 30 people sign up, and 30 random numbers are generated between 1 and 30.) The first 23 randomly generated numbers are given a reserved seat. Two of these seats will accommodate those needing accessible seating. Clerk staff will notify registrants of their status.
- Registered attendees must enter City Hall through the Main Street entrance for screening.
- Entry is permitted from 6:00 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
- A registration list will be checked.
- Guests of attendees will not be permitted entry; registered attendees only to sit in designated open seats.
- Other members of the public will be able to join City Council meetings through the Zoom webinar associated with each meeting.
- Masks are encouraged.